With last weekend’s rain out it has given us the opportunity to have a “MEGA EVENT” this weekend.
Racing will be hot! With a jam packed racing program, competition will be fierce and the atmosphere will be charged. You’re sure to see your favourite class and drivers amongst all the action.
The following is what will make up the program
- Super Stock Rumble – 36 Super Stock Cars racing at one time – the most ever allowed by
- Speedway New Zealand – entries from Auckland to Wellington
- Harry Fredrickson Stock Car Gold Cup – 50 Stock Cars racing at one time – the most ever allowed by Speedway New Zealand – entries from Auckland to Wellington
- Sprint Car Bay Champs
- Final Rounds of the La-z-boy Saloon Car Series
- Super Saloons
- The night Concluding with the Fireworks Extravaganza – close to $20,000.00 of Fireworks
Gates open at 5.00pm racing starts at 6.30pm and the fireworks conclude at 10.00pm.
This will be the first and possibly the only time that this many Super Stocks and Stock Cars will be seen racing at the same event without being broken into groups or heats. That is 36 Super Stocks all on the track together and 50 Stock Cars all on the track together.
The format for the
- Super Stocks – will be 3 heat races with points accumulating over all three races to confirm a winner.
- This format provides exciting action especially in the 2nd and 3rd heat as points leaders become targets.
- Stock Car Gold Cup – will be 2 heat races with accumulated points from the 2 heats determining the starting positions for the winner takes all feature race.
- La-z-boy Saloon Series – will have their final 2 heats of a 6 heat series. Total points accumulated over the series determines the grid positions for the starting order of the Final race – winner takes the Leather Lay-z-boy
- BOP Sprint Car Champs – will be 2 heat races with accumulated points from the 2 heats determining the starting positions for the winner takes all feature race.